Sunday, August 23, 2009

100th Post!

Wow 100 blog posts. I must say I have enjoyed doing this blog. And I think some people are actually reading it!

I wanted to do something special for today's post. Planning on making meatballs on the grill if the weather does not change. But than I thought I would share one of my mom's recipe's as a special treat. So here it is, The Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.

I had gotten the basic recipe from her but the I was missing one key ingredient. I made this recipe for the longest time and something was not right. One Sunday my sister was over and had a cookie and said they tasted just like mom's without the Rice Krispies in them. Rice Krispies! Mom had told me about the oatmeal and coconut flakes and nuts and that in the late 60's she started adding wheat germ but did not mention the Rice Krispies.

These cookies are really good. I know 2 little kids in Maryland who would be disappointed if they see me without the cookies. I know this is not a "dinner" recipe but this recipe is near and dear to my heart. It is written as she told it to me (except for the Rice Krispies part).

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

2 1/4 cup sifted flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp hot water
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts nuts
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup Rice Krispies

Blend butter and sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift flour and salt. Blend hot water and baking soda. Add baking soda and flour to butter mixture. Add all other ingredients except the Rice Krispies. Stir in the Rice Krispies by hand, do not use the mixer (you don't want to over beat them). Roll them into about a teaspoon size balls. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. I usually get about 8 dozen cookies. It sounds like a lot but they are small. That way you can eat more.
: )

You can add or subtract what you ever you like. I have made them with Heath Bar chips and different nuts. I use to love coming home from school and walking in to a house that smelled like a bakery. I hope you all enjoy these cookies as much as we do!



4 comments:

Velva said...

YEAH!!! Your 100th post! You do have readers....I am one of them! Congrats!

Kim said...

Congrats on the 100th post and thanks for sharing such a terrific recipe. I've never had rice krispies in a chocolate chip cookie before. I bet they are addictive.

My Little Space said...

Hey, congratulations on your 100th post! Yeah, I know it's been a while. Time is limited...always like too little time but too many things to check out!

BumbleVee said...

Hiya Lucia....thanks for dropping by my blog to check out my cookies....looks like you haven't posted for a while...did you move to a new space? ..