Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chicken!

I cut this recipe out of the New York Times years ago. It is a good recipe to make on the weekend and just reheat later in the week.

Put simply, because I can not find the darn clipping (grrrrrrr), you mix fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and a dash of hot sauce together. I put these ingredients in a zip lock bag. Add the chicken and coat with mixture. I used pieces - breasts with the bone in, thighs and legs. Place in a foiled lined 9x12 baking pan with sides that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until the juices run clear.

That was done on Sunday. Tonight my husband heated it through on the grill.
We had the green beans from my dad's yard, steamed and then added butter, salt and pepper. Also Basmati Rice. Just a delicious meal

1 comment:

My Little Space said...

I love this kind of combination. I'll usually cook the rice with fragrant spices & ginger with butter...to go with black pepper pan fried chicken...hmmm..mmm :p!