Friday, August 21, 2009

Pasta with Shrimp and Sand


Wow I have not done a post all week! Did we eat dinner this week?

Well tonight we certainly did. I use to make this recipe called Pasta with Peppers and Sand. My friend Heidi wanted to be sure I mentioned that the "sand" is actually bread crumbs. It was from the Frugal Gourmet, Jeff Smith. My husband and I loved his television show. I thought that instead of the peppers I would add Shrimp. It was really good. No it really was really good. It was light and the bread crumbs were crunchy and the shrimp was perfectly cooked.

Ingredients -
1 lb. Orrechieatta pasta
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

4 tbsp. olive oil, divided

1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and deveined

2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley

salt and pepper to taste


Directions -

Prepare pasta according to package directions.

Meanwhile heat
2 tbsp. olive oil until hot and add bread crumbs and crushed red pepper. Saute until bread crumbs are lightly browned. Remove from pan. In same pan heat 2 tbsp. olive oil until hot. Add shrimp and saute until cooked. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the breadcrumbs to shrimp mixture.

Drain pasta and mix with 2 tbsp. butter. Add shrimp mixture to the pasta. and serve.


Also had a Caprese Salad with tomatoes from Mike Casey's garden, he is a co-worker. Add bottle of DaVinci Chianti 2006 and it was a perfect meal to end a busy week

2 comments:

My Little Space said...

This looks yummy! I bet my kids will like it too.

Erica said...

This looks simple and delicious!