Sunday, September 27, 2009

Homemade Pappardella with Portebello Mushrooms and Bolognese Sauce

Saturday, September 26, 2009
Now before you start thinking that I made this meal the answer is no. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants in New York City,
Re Sette last night. We were in the city to see a play. We have eaten there a number of times and have never been disappointed. If you click on the link for the restaurant the table you see is where we sat!

We started with the Fried Calamari and a small pizza, the Del Re. It was Fig Jam, Prosciutto, Caramelized Pearl Onions and Gorgonzola Cheese all on a perfectly crisp, thin crust. Photos will be posted as soon as that darn replacement cord is delivered. The next time we make pizza on the grill we will make this one.


For dinner I had Homemade Pappardella with Portebello Mushrooms and Bolognese Sauce. I was going through pasta withdrawal and boy was this good. The sauce was delicious and the pasta was homemade so it goes without saying that it was good.

My husband had the Baby Pork Loins, Dried Craneberries, Grappa, Cranberry Reduction, Homemade Mashed Potato. He enjoyed it. I tasted it and it was good. My sister had an Apple Ravioli and I was so taken by my dish I forgot to ask for a taste. But she cleaned her plate so I assume it too was good. My brother-in-law had Grilled Filet Mignon with sauteed Onions, Barolo Wine reduction, and roasted rosemary potato. My husband has had that dish a couple of times and it comes highly recommended.

For dessert we shared a Pistachio Gelato with coffee.
What a wonderful meal.

No comments: