Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Steak Pizzaiola

I walked in the house tonight and was greeted by a smell that was so delicious. I felt like I walked into a small Italian restaurant. My husband made Steak Pizzaiola. I know we had beef last night but that is another story. He seared the steaks and then mixed diced tomatoes and canned tomato sauce with herbs and olive oil. He added Fontella cheese to the dish. He baked it in the oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. The sauce was so good. He used a bit of crushed red pepper so it had a little spice to it. It was such a flavorful meal. We had a bottle of Coppola Classic Rossso and some Italian bread. My husband can cook any night he wants to!

5 comments:

Karine said...

Your steak looks delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Kim said...

That does sound delicious! You are one lucky lady to have such a great cook for a hubby :D

Velva said...

Your husband can cool at my house anytime! The meal sounds really good and with a bottle of wine, even better.

Daziano said...

This recipe sounds really good!

My Little Space said...

Lucia, you're a great cook!