Sunday, November 8, 2009

BBQ Roast Beef with Cheddar Sandwiches

On of the blogs I follow, Closet Cooking, had this recipe posted. As soon as I read it I knew Chris would enjoy it. First I had never thought to make my own BBQ sauce. The result was very good.

I picked up Roast Beef at the deli counter (it was on sale this week). Shredded the meat and mixed it with the sauce. Placed the beef on half of a sliced roll and put the cheddar cheese slices on top of that. Popped in under the broiler, yes I almost burned them but luckily did not. It was very good. A perfect Sunday night meal. Go Saints!

Another one of the blogs I follow, Proud Italian had a soup posted that I had to try - Beans, Greens and Broken Spaghetti Soup. It used Swiss Chard. I found out that Swiss Chard is packed with Vitamins K, A and C to name a few. The recipe was super easy and the result was very tasty. The flavor reminded me of something my mom made. And there is no meat in it, except for the chicken broth. I was planning on serving this later in the week but I called my dad who 92 years young, seriously he has more energy than I do, and he has an awful cold. So tomorrow I will be making a soup delivery.

The only change I made in the original recipe was using egg noodles instead of the spaghetti, which I was sure was in the pantry.

No comments: