Saturday, February 13, 2010

Breaded Pork Chops with Swiss Chard and Ricotta

I was sure I had Panko breadcrumbs in the cabinet. I was sure I had some kind of breadcrumbs, but I was wrong. That is how dinner preparation began. I made breadcrumbs from some wheat bread. Dipped the pork chops into egg and then into the breadcrumbs, to which I had added sage, rosemary, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I put the pork in a baking dish that I sprayed with Pam. Popped them in a 350˚ oven for 25 minutes.

I had some Swiss Chard and found a recipe in La Cucina for Torta Di Bietole E Ricotta, Swiss Chard and Ricotta. The recipe comes from Sicily. Very easy to prepare.

Ingredients
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/4 lbs. Swiss Chard
10 oz. ricotta
3 large eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper

Method
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a baking dish with olive oil. Parboil the Swiss chard until tender, about 5 minutes, and drain well. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large pan and add the chard. Cook until totally wilted.
In a bowl, crush the ricotta with the tines of a fork, add the eggs and chard, and salt and pepper lightly. Put this mixture in the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.

Also served Israeli Couscous on the side.

1 comment:

Velva said...

Awesome...very nice.