Sunday, February 28, 2010

Manfrigul Pasta Balls

Tonight I made Chris a Fried Pepper Panini and we both had some soup.

The soup was from... La Cucina! Manfrigul Pasta Balls. Interesting soup. The recipe comes from the Emilia-Romagna region. Fun to make, loved the little pasta balls and I have enough leftover soup for at least 3 lunches this week. The pasta was made with flour, eggs, Parmigiano, lemon zest and nutmeg. Just a delicious soup.

For breakfast this morning I made Whole Wheat muffins. The muffin recipe comes for the Mark Bittman blog. There was a video for the recipe and I was writing down the ingredients as he went along but I noticed on the video he had an egg out on the table but did not mention using the egg. I knew something was not right. It had to have an egg but he always mentions all the ingredients... So I checked another site for a Wheat Muffin recipe, Joy of Baking, and found a recipe very close to his and it used 2 eggs. So that's what I did. They are the most delicious muffins I have ever had. When I put the pan in the oven the pan was so heavy but the baked muffin is as light as air. Well maybe not as light as air but not that heavy.

No comments: