Monday, February 15, 2010

Meatloaf with Gorgonzola, Bacon and Onions

Today I had off for President's Day so I was able to make Meatloaf for dinner. I have made this recipe before and it always turns out quite good.
Saute one chopped white onion and 1/2 chopped red onion and one chopped carrot. Add the cooked vegetables to 1 1/2 lbs. meat and add 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tbsp horseradish mustard, 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, panko bread crumbs and chopped cooked bacon. Mix then add Gorgonzola. Put in greased loaf pan. Coat with ketchup and sprinkle french fried onions. Bake 350 for 1 hour.

We had mashed potatoes and steamed zucchini as side dishes.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That sounds like a wonderful new take on a traditional dish. I bet it was delicious.

Anonymous said...

This sounds interesting but the recipe does not state how much gorgonzola or panko crumbs to use. Plus, I'm wondering how you keep the French fried onions from burning?