Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chickpea & Olive Bruschetta and Grilled Meatballs


Today I used a cookbook I picked up last summer, Simple Italian Snacks. I made Chickpea & Olive Bruschetta for happy hour. We had some Pita Chips with Salsa too. The deck is officially open!

For dinner we had Grilled Meatballs, recipe from, Simple Italian Snacks, and Farro, Radicchio and Roasted Beet Salad, from Bon Appetit, June 2010. I did not have Farro so I substituted Bulgur. And I have a new favorite vegetable are beets, roasted beets.

For dessert I made something my mom used to make quite often, Yogurt Pie. It is simple to make and nice and light. I mixed light Cool Whip with Greek yogurt, strawberry flavored. I added fresh strawberries and blueberries.

1 comment:

Velva said...

I hope you enjoyed a good glass of wine with your brushetta.
Love beets too-especially, roasted beetss.