Saturday, May 22, 2010

Grilled Pork Sirloin Cutlets & Watercress Salad With Beets and Goat Cheese

Tonight we marinated Pork Sirloin Cutlets in a Kentucky Marinade. I found the recipe for the marinade in 365 Great Barbecue and Grilling Recipes. I got my copy in 1990. It's a good book to have in your library.

The Marinade-

1 Bunch Scallions

1/3 cup Dijon mustard

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup bourbon whiskey


Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until thoroughly combined. The marinade can be stored in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 3 days.



For side dishes I made Mashed Potatoes and
Watercress Salad With Beets and Goat Cheese from RealSimple.com. The recipe on the site called for Feta but I had Goat Cheese. I made the Lemon Shallot dressing. Loved it!


I also took the new oven out for a test run. Again from RealSimple.com I made Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies. Wow. I will be making these again and again. I even think my 2 cookie fans in Maryland might like these.


Then I found a cookie recipe from my Aunt Nora. She passed away in 2003 and at her wake there were copies of the recipes she was best know for. This was was one of them.

Aunty Nora's Twist Cookies

5 cups of flour
2 sticks of margarine
1 cup milk
2 eggs
5 tsp. baking powder
Jam
(I used blackberry and vanilla jam)
Cinnamon
Coconut
Confectionery Sugar

First, roll out the dough and spread the jam.

Add cinnamon and coconut. Then cut dough in three's. Bend in half. Twist and put them on a cookie sheet
(lined with parchment paper) and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Let cool. Dust with confectionery sugar.

Pour the coffee and let's eat.


It took a couple of readings of the recipe to figure out what she meant by cutting the dough in three's. But I just did what I thought looked right. There are a few more of her recipes I will be trying. The one recipe we did not get from her was for her Stuffed Razor Clams. I think it was just bread crumbs and herbs but boy were they good.

1 comment:

Velva said...

Dinner looks delicious.