Monday, May 17, 2010

Quinoa and Goat Cheese Salad and the First Hamburger of the Year!


There is something special about that first hamburger on the grill. Tonight's burgers were bacon and bleu cheese from Whole Foods. Well enough about the meat portion of the meal, now on to the good stuff. Quinoa and Goat Cheese Salad. It is actually Greek Quinoa Salad with a couple of variations. First of all I made this salad last year and just like last year I forgot to add the damn olives! I am not a fan of cilantro so I omitted that. I added grated carrots, sliced cucumbers and scallions. And I used Goat cheese in place of the Feta cheese. Well it was amazing. Both of us went for seconds. I think I prefer this over a pasta salad. Wonderful flavors. And I have enough for lunch tomorrow!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Uh, yes and samples will be had. Samples I Tell YOU! :)