Friday, May 21, 2010

Sole with Peppers


This recipe comes from La Cucina. I made it back in February, but at that time I had to use Cod instead of Sole. I think I prefer the Sole. Gosh it is really easy and really tasty. Tonight we had Israeli Couscous as a side dish.

Ingredients

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced (I cut one clove in half so I could remove it before serving)
3/4 lb. sweet peppers, cored, seeded and minced
1 2/3 cups chopped fresh plum tomatoes (I used a can of plum tomatoes)
2 lbs. sole, cleaned, rinsed and dried
Salt

Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the onions and garlic until they take on color, then add the peppers and tomatoes
Cook at low heat for 15 minutes, then add the sole.
Add salt to taste, cover the pan, and cook at low heat, shaking the pan from time to time.

And I was asked to join the Top 100 Italian Cooking Websites! Pretty cool. Mom would be pleased. I have a link to their site on the side of the blog. I feel very proud to have been invited!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Now that sounds nice and easy! Definitely on my list of dinners to try. I did not make polenta tonight because jack and i ate out at bills. :)