Sunday, August 15, 2010

Salad and Eggplant and Tempeh Pot Pie

A quick post tonight...
The salad was made using up the meat from last night. I made the blue cheese dressing from scratch, it is much better than bottled. The croutons were homemade. Once you make your own croutons you can never enjoy store bought again.

I also made Tempeh and Eggplant Pot Pie. I found the recipe using the gadget at the bottom of my blog that shows seasonal foods. I clicked on Eggplant and ended up with this recipe. Now my husband is not into tempeh. But he tried it and said it tasted good... This week tempeh next week tofu? By the way this tart was very good! I did use the pate brisse dough instead of the dough used in the recipe.

2 comments:

Debi said...

What's your bleu cheese recipe? I could look it up I guess. Dennis would love that!

Lucia from Madison said...

Blue Cheese Dressing!
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/soupsandsalads/r/bluecheesedress.htm