Saturday, September 18, 2010

Jalapeno Popper Dip followed by Sole Meuniere

Tonight we started with cocktails, well I started with a cocktail and Jalapeno Popper Dip from Closet Cooking blog. I got some fresh Jalapenos from someone at work and then happened upon this recipe! The chips we used were very good. EatSmart Naturals Multi Grain Tortilla Chips. Actually they were quite good.

Dover Sole was on sale at Shop Rite this week and I found a recipe for Sole Meuniere on the Food Network site. A simple meal to prepare.

For side dishes I made Roasted Potatoes which was a dish my mom use to make all the time. Just cut the potatoes in quarters and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary, or any spice you prefer and roast for 45 minutes, tossing them occasionally.

I made a Mark Bittman recipe to go as a vegetable side. Pan Roasted Corn with Cherry Tomatoes.

And then I made Roasted Romanesco, it looks like broccoli & cauliflower. It was my impluse buy at the grocery store. Only $1.49! But I forgot to put it on the table! Sigh. Not a problem because it will now be my snack for tomorrow! As always cauliflower roasted no matter what color it is one of my favorite things.

I made those Chocolate Chip Cookies. I added mini M & M's and I put them in a sheet pan so they would take less hands on time to make.

No comments: