Saturday, November 27, 2010

Homemade Fettuccine with Vodka Sauce

Don't you hate when you go to make dinner and realize you forgot to get an ingredient? I do. I forgot the cream for the vodka sauce. But fear not, I opened the cabinet to find a jar of one of my favorite sauces - Paul Sorvino's Vodka Sauce. Excellent substitute for homemade.

The pasta recipe was from Giada De Laurentiis Every Day Pasta.

3 cups all purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. olive oil

Place the flour in the bowl of a food processor. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the salt and olive oil to the eggs and stir to combine. Add the egg mixture to the food processor with the flour and pulse to combine the ingredients, scraping down the sides once or twice. Continue, with the machine running until the liquid is evenly distributed, about 1 minute. The dough should stick together if pinched between your fingers and be cornmeal yellow in color. Some of the dough will be clumping together, but it will not form a ball.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gather the dough into a ball and knead gently until the dough is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes before rolling and shaping as desired.

I cut the recipe in half and it was just enough for the 2 of us.

Dinner was so good. The pasta was perfect and the sauce was super easy and I can submit it to the I Heart Cooking Club for this week!

5 comments:

NKP said...

Yum - delicious! Giada's is always my go-to fresh pasta recipe. It always works out perfectly for me.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Looks delicious--homemade fresh pasta is always so darn good. ;-)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Your pasta looks wonderful - I have never tried Giada's pasta recipe before, but I can see now that I need to try it. Love the sound of the vodka sauce BTW.
Sue :-)

Kim said...

Holy cow does that fresh homemade pasta look terrific. You did a great job. Looks like a fantastic meal!

Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving.

Kelly said...

Looks wonderful! I will definitely have to try this pasta.