Friday, January 21, 2011

Chicken Piccata, Zucchini, Quiona and Walnut Rosemary Bread

Walnut Rosemary Bread! Today I worked from home so I started to make the bread before Chris left for work.By mid afternoon it was in the oven. Oh the house smelled so good. I found the recipe in a Cooking Light magazine.
The Chicken Piccata is a Giada De Laurentiis recipe from the Food Network. The chicken was so tender and the sauce was perfect.
The Zucchini was a simple saute in olive oil and butter and seasoned with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and thyme.
 
The Quiona recipe was from Eating Well. Rinse 1 cup quinoa in several changes of cold water. Bring quinoa and 2 cups water or broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Makes 3 cups.
I wanted to add something to the Quiona. I went to the Food52 Food Pickle. I typed in that I was making Quiona as a side dish and asked if anyone have any suggestions to spice it up. I got a suggestion to add toasted pine nuts. Well I happened to have pine nuts which I toasted and added to the Quiona along with some Parmesan Cheese.
Just a fantastic Friday night meal... oh but what are all those dishes in the sink...

No comments: