Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Roasted Sausage and Peppers

I am an American of Italian descent who is not a huge garlic fan. Another thing I do not like is the smell of the house when you fry sausage and peppers. So my solution is to roast them. I cut the red and green peppers into strips, the onions into slices and cut the sausage links into small pieces. I mixed everything with olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and basil. I lined a roasting pan with foil, I also hate scrubbing pans. I roasted the sausage and peppers at 425 degrees for 45 minutes. After it came out of the oven I added some sauce to it. Back in the oven until the sauce was warm. Some Italian bread to make sandwiches and we cleaned the plate.

3 comments:

leaf (the indolent cook) said...

Looks like great comfort food! I can totally imagine tucking into this...

Sprigs of Rosemary said...

Pretty brave of you to confess not liking garlic!! We often have hot (and sweet) sausage sandwiches -- with peppers and onion -- but I've never roasted them. Love your clean-up free method!

claudia lamascolo said...

This is a once a week must have here! Awesome dish!