Sunday, June 19, 2011

Baked Ziti with Eggplant

Tonight we all ate at my dad's house to celebrate Father's Day. I made a big pan of Baked Ziti with Eggplant. I was cruising the Internet and found the perfect recipe. Only change I made was not adding  spinach... But I added these amazing meatballs.
Dad enjoyed it and seemed pleased that there was some left over.  Click here for the original recipe.
The ingredients....
My sister-in-law, Ann, made a salad and brought this salad dressing which I had never tried, Super Berry Vinaigrette. New favorite dressing!
For dessert I made a No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake which I had bookmarked on The Italian Dish blog. It was really good. The hardest part was finding a dish to put it in because I had to transport it to my dad's. I put together this crazy cover using a drying rack and plastic food covers. Photos... No! I even forgot to take a photo of the cake before I cut it. Trust me it looked just like the photo on The Italian Dish blog!
We had a nice bottle of my dad's 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon. And he showed me were he stores the "good wine"!
Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

thedaintyvegetarian.com said...

Looks great! My Grandmother used to add meatballs as well : )