Monday, June 13, 2011

Mediterranean Wrap

This recipe came from EatingWell.com. I receive their weekly newsletter. The only changes I made in this recipe was the amount of garlic (obviously), I used regular instead of whole wheat couscous and I used whole wheat wraps in place of spinach wraps.

And as I was making dinner tonight... OUCH! I cut my finger! Yeah so much for getting home from work early. Stupid traffic. Chris offered to help when I got in and I said oh no I'll get it done. I was rushing and was not paying attention... Needless to say Chris finished dinner for me. It reminded me of an episode of The Odd Couple where Felix was in a cooking competition and Oscar had to carry him around to finish his dish! You can see it here.

Ingredients
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup couscous
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound chicken tenders
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup chopped cucumber
4 10-inch whole wheat wraps

Preparation
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in couscous and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
Meanwhile, combine parsley, mint, lemon juice, oil, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Toss chicken tenders in a medium bowl with 1 tablespoon of the parsley mixture and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place the tenders in a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until cooked though, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Cut into bite-size pieces when cool enough to handle.
Stir the remaining parsley mixture into the couscous along with tomato and To assemble wraps, spread about 3/4 cup of the couscous mixture onto each wrap. Divide the chicken among the wraps. Roll the wraps up like a burrito, tucking in the sides to hold the ingredients in. Serve cut in half.

No comments: