Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oops Quiche...

Do you ever do something and then immediately realize it was a mistake. I started out with a plan of making a quiche with Pancetta, Spinach, Onion and Feta Cheese. And I did make that filling. But something went wrong between the rolling out of the crust and putting the filling in the crust.

I love my crust recipe. The crust is my favorite part of any pie, quiche, pot pies, meat pies... The best crust ever is my sister Lenore's. It is so flaky. Next favorite... Mine! Sorry but it is!

Anyway I was rolling out the crust and for some stupid reason thought I would make a free form tart instead of a quiche. So I put the crust in the quiche pan and add the filling and the egg mixture and proceeded to fold the crust over. Then I see some of the egg mixture seeping out. Duh! I immediately realize my mistake. Of course it is going to over flow. It was too late. I said a quick prayer and popped it in the oven...
 Well it looked good and yes it was quite tasty!

No comments: