Monday, July 4, 2011

The Wives of the Declaration of Independence Signers

Today we celebrated Independence Day.
 As I am typing this entry I hear fireworks being shot off. That got me thinking about the people who signed the Declaration of Independence. But only for a moment. I then started to think about their wives. Did anyone see John Adams on HBO. Well his wife, Abigail, ran the farm and raised the children without him being around... for a very long time. It's not like running to Philly for the weekend was a 4 hour drive. And Pat's King of Steaks wasn't even there yet!

So tonight we should raise a glass and toast and thank those women who made it possible for their husbands to stand up for what they believed in. Here is a link,  The Wives of the Declaration of Independence Signers, where you can find out more about these amazing women.

Dinner... A Grilled Flat Iron Steak. I marinated it in Sweet Onion Relish, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. For sides I kept it simple. Grilled Italian Bread and a salad.
 Happy 4th of July!

No comments: