Monday, January 23, 2012

Minestra Maritata

About a week ago I was checking out food blogs and I stopped in my tracks. There was a photo of a bowl of Minestra that looked exactly like what my mom use to make. I was very happy because I did not have a copy of her recipe.
I used a beef shank, pork spare ribs and a nice end piece of prosciutto. The greens were escarole and swiss chard. It tasted just like my mom's.
I am so glad I found this recipe on Cooking with Giuseppe. And I was glad I could share with Chris a dish that I grew up eating.

3 comments:

Bonnie Alberts said...

It looks fantastic. What did you use for the greens?

Lucia from Madison said...

Hi Bonnie. I used Escarole and Swiss Chard. I even followed the recipes instructions soaking them in baking soda. I had never heard of that before.

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Wow that looks fantastic my dear! What a nice Sinatra you made here! Thanks for the feedback and wonderful comment. I love this recipe, we actually did make this one to dedicate to the legendary singer! he loved eggplant too! lol... but it lives on thanks to you and your passion too... thanks for the mention!