Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pasta e Lenticchie (Pasta and Lentils)

So the story goes that it is good luck to eat lentils on New Years Day. I figure why not, it certainly can't hurt! I did a quick Google search and found Pasta e Lenticchie on the Splendid Table site. I was going to make homemade pasta but I did a lot of cooking today - sauce, meatballs, chicken cacciatore, shepherd pie... so when I looked at the recipe and it said writer's mother would use up bits of extra pasta she had I was very excited. I had at least 3 opened packages of pasta. Linguine, shells and elbows. Loved this recipe.
Happy New Year everyone!


1 comment:

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Lentils was always something I marveled over when grandmom made them. She always used up leftover ham bone with them and made a great flavor. This recipe with pasta is a must try, one I have never had actually and sounds wonderful! Happy New Year!