Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pork "Saltimbocca" with Roasted Onions and Potatoes

 
I found this recipe at Bon Appetit. Love it. Talk about a one dish meal. My dish looked quite similar to the photo on the Bon Appetit site, except I could not make the prosciutto rosettes. We love roasted potatoes and onions so the pork and prosciutto was like icing on the cake. 
 
As for a veggie I had a small piece of fennel that my dad gave me so I sauteed it up with some zucchini. Seasoned it with salt and pepper. Oh my that was good!


And yes it is Saint Patrick's Day. I did have a beer today... at an Italian Bar and Grill. But I did make Irish Soda Bread... sort of. I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Soda Bread on the Whole Foods site. Well I had these Cinnamon Chips that I was dying to use so I used half Dark Chocolate Chips (that makes it good for you!) and half Cinnamon Chips. I love Irish Soda Bread but sorry this blows that away!


What did we have for dinner a year ago...
Corn Beef Sandwiches

What did we have for dinner 2 years ago...
Chicken Pot Pie

No comments: