Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chicken and Rice Soup


Well that's the last of my chicken broth from the freezer. I will have to make more very soon.

Speaking of the freezer... Chris brought home a lot of Broccoli Rabe from Pete at work. Wow one meat pie equals a whole lot of Broccoli Rabe. A fair trade if you ask me.

As I was cleaning the rabe it reminded me of Sunday evenings when I was little. Every Sunday I would go for a ride with my mom and dad. We would usually go for a hike, which was really a blueberry or mushroom hunting hike. After the stop at Carvel Ice Cream (!!!!!!!) we would hit the farmer's market as they were closing up. That is when the deals were found. A whole bushel of something for not a lot of money. I would think they were crazy. They would have so much work ahead of them when they got home.
And after work tonight I cleaned the rabe and steamed and packed it up for the freezer and thought of what I will make first...
 


What did we have for dinner 1 years ago...

What did we have for dinner 2 years ago...

 
What did we have for dinner 1 years ago...
Barbecue Pork Sandwich

What did we have for dinner 2 years ago...
Grilled Chicken, Roasted Pepper and Feta Panini

No comments: