Saturday, September 1, 2012

Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast and Some Figs...

Lets start at the beginning of the day. I went to my Dad's to do a couple of things and ended up picking OMG a lot of figs. So I brought the figs home and made a fig jam. I found this recipe at Nourish Your Roots. I also picked some raspberries at my Dad's so they were added to the mix. I only used 2 1/2 tablespoons of honey. The result was very nice.  It tastes like more fig than raspberry and it is not too sweet.

Now let's talk about dinner.
I do not know how I found the blog A Bachelor and His Grill. All I know is I am glad I did. This was an amazing dinner. It was a restaurant quality dish.  It came out so tender. The stuffing was delicious. The bacon on the outside of the breast was well it was grilled bacon! Seriously what a meal!
The side dish was from Bon Appetit. Zucchini with Potatoes and Thyme. Yeah 3 of my favorite things in one dish. How can I go wrong!
And dessert! Well last year I made Figs in Syrup or Fichi Sciroppati. And yeah I still have some in the fridge. I put some on Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert. If you have figs make this recipe. You will not be sorry you did!


So what did we have for dinner a year ago?
Hurricane Cooking - Day 5. Chicken Cutlet Sandwiches.

So what did we have for dinner 2 years ago?
Sliders with Cannellini Bean and Spinach Salad 

So what did we have for dinner 3 years ago?

No comments: