Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thank God for that freezer!

Still coughing today so I was not about to venture in the kitchen to cook dinner. Maybe tomorrow. But there is the freezer and delights it holds. A dish of Wine Braised Short Ribs and a dish of Butternut Squash and Pasta. The squash dish was layered like a lasagna but without cheese. The short ribs were so delicious. I mean really good. The sauce from the ribs was so good I used it on top of my portion of squash. Chris asked if we had more dishes of short ribs in the freezer. Sorry but we do not.

And on a side note, today would have been my Mom's birthday. If it was not for her and her love of food I would not be writing this blog. Happy Birthday Mom!


2 comments:

Catherine said...

Dear Lucia, I hope you feel better soon.
I will keep your mom in my prayers and you too.
Blessings for a nice New Years. Catherine

Catherine said...

Hi Lucia, I hope you are feeling better.
Have a nice, warm and safe weekend.
Blessings dear. Catherine xo