Sunday, March 23, 2014

Baked French Dip Sandwiches and Lentil & Vegetable Salad

Happy Sunday! Sunday is now my favorite day of the week because I get to eat sweets. I gave them up for Lent, but my Mom always said you were allowed to break the fast on Sundays. I picked up a Nutella Brownie Sandwich from Merriano's Bakery. I only had half, saved the other half for Chris. It was not easy not eating the whole thing. I really miss chocolate.

For dinner, I made two excellent recipes. The first was the Baked French Dip Sandwiches. I found the recipe on YellowBlissRoad.com. This was the best sandwich I have had in a while. I added sauteed onions and peppers and then added the cheese, Provolone of course. The au jus was in the freezer from the last time I made short ribs. Fantastic sandwich.


The salad recipe was from In Pursuit of More. Living With (Just a Little) Less. I had the Lentils in the freezer so this was pretty easy to prepare. I used a simple balsamic vinaigrette that I made the other night. We loved this salad.


No comments: