Monday, October 6, 2014

Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Farro and Beet Salad

Not quite a meatless Monday at our house tonight. I picked up our favorite BBQ Sauce

I shredded the pork that was left over from Saturday night. Mixed the pork with the BBQ Sauce. A couple of rolls and some sliced cheese. Done!  This was a perfect quick fix dinner.


Now about the Farro and Beet Salad. When I was at Bishop's the other night I saw beets with the greens still attached. My brain started churning and I came up with tonight's salad. I roasted the beets, they were so small and cute. The greens were sauteed in olive oil, seasoned with the usual salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. The Farro was prepared following the instructions on the bag. The greens, Farro and roasted beets were mixed with a dressing of olive oil and lemon juice. The seasoning were adjusted and it was done.

No comments: