Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Happy Birthday!

You know if you see a meal like this mid week on this blog, meat and homemade noodles, it has to be a special occasion. Well, today is my husband's birthday! And because of the special day we had Braised Short Ribs over Homemade Papapdelle Noodles. Oh my! Perfect for a cold, really cold day like today. I prepared the meat on Sunday and just had to heat it up tonight. The pasta was made on Saturday and was frozen until it was dropped in the boiling water. Delicious! Happy Birthday Chris!

The Short Rib recipe was from Food & Wine, a Tom Colicchio recipe. Click here for the recipe. The pasta was my favorite recipe from Tide and Thyme. Click here for this perfect pasta recipe!

Now what did I get Chris for his birthday? A couple of weeks ago we saw our favorite band, The Smithereens. I purchased a drum head that was signed by the band before the show. At the end of the show the drummer, Dennis Diken, hands Chris his drum stick! My brain was already working. A shadowbox! Chris loved it. And a special shout out to Ralph for hanging the shadowbox.

And here is a video of one of my favorite songs from the show we were at.
Thank you Fredrick Matt for posting the video. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby going to go to youtube to check out more of your Smitherines!