Sunday, February 8, 2015

Cheesy Frankfurters, Potatoes and Peppers

When I little and I would spend the night at my Aunt Marie's house she would make fried potatoes and onions as a side dish. I loved them. The other day I was checking out some of my favorite blogs and I stopped in my tracks. Cheesy Frankfurters, Potatoes and Peppers on What's Cooking Italian Style Cuisine. It looked just like my Aunt's dish but it was baked! I knew Chris would like this. So easy you have to love it.

Grease a 13x 9 baking pan. I used 2 potatoes, 4 hot dogs, and 1 red pepper. Cube the potatoes, cut up the hot dogs, chop the bell pepper and add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. I added some chopped onion. Arrange all ingredients in your greased baking pan. Drizzle the top with olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder. Bake at 400˚ until the potatoes are browned on top and hot dogs begin to brown, stirring once or twice. The time will depend on the size of you potato cubes. You want the potatoes to get a little crisp. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top and return to the oven until it melts, about 10 minutes. I had this in the oven for almost an hour. The result was perfectly crisp potatoes. The crispy bits on the bottom of the pan were the best. As Chris said, it was delicious!

No comments: