Saturday, May 16, 2015

Herbed Pork Tenderloin With Lemony Farro and Arugula

Have you ever looked at the right side of this blog, all the way to the bottom. There is a tab that says, "Labels." RealSimple.com comes in with 38 posts, 39 after tonight. RealSimple.com is just that. It is simple recipes that pack a lot of flavor. I subscribed to Real Simple when it first came out. I loved the magazine. But I needed to cut costs so I did not continue my subscription after a couple of years. I do still flip through it at the check out counter. Their web site is packed with info. I get emails of new recipes that are posted. I make quite a few of them.

Tonight we had Herbed Pork Tenderloin With Lemony Farro and Arugula. We loved this. The pork was cooked perfectly. The farro and arugula were over the top. Lemon and olive oil is my favorite dressing anyway.

Ingredients-
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pork tenderloins
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
kosher salt and black pepper
1 cup farro
1/2 bunch arugula, torn
1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Method-
Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the pork with the thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook the pork, turning occasionally, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes.

Transfer the skillet to oven and roast the pork, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 145° F, 12 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.

Meanwhile, cook the farro according to the package directions; drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the arugula, cherries, lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.

Serve the farro topped with the sliced pork and any pan juices.

Today I did some cooking, roasted up some veggies for this week's lunch and I spotted something where it should not have been...

No comments: