Friday, May 15, 2015

Tubettini with Crispy Chickpeas and Capers

Sometimes you just find a recipe that is perfect. It was simple to prepare. I had all the ingredients, well I changed a couple of the original ingredients. And the result was a delicious meal. I had one serving and went back for just a little more. I had to talk myself out of a third spoon full. Not an easy task. The recipe was from RealSimple.com. The original recipe called for Spaghetti, I can not believe I did not have any, and cilantro. I am not a big cilantro fan so I used parsley.

Click here to view the original recipe. Here is my version of the recipe - 

Ingredients-
3/4 pound Tubettini
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
kosher salt and black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Method-
Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.

Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, panko, capers, oil, coriander, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once, until crispy, 18 to 20 minutes. Keep an eye on this in the oven, you don't want the breadcrumbs to burn.

Add the chickpeas, cilantro, and lemon juice to the pasta and toss to combine.

Serve drizzled with additional oil and grated cheese and crushed red pepper. Happy Friday!

No comments: