Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 In Review

Well this has been an interesting year. I have picked out my favorite posts from each month. I hope you enjoy the trip down memory lane as much as I did.

January-
The Book Club. This was my first time hosting and the book lent it self to a Tuscan meal. I even got help from my nephew with the wine selection. It was really a simple meal to prepare. And the conversation and the company made for a wonderful evening.


February-
So You Say It's Your Birthday. I love the Jamie Oliver One Tray Bake. It reminds me of something my mom would make. One tray = EASY clean up. On this occasion I added potatoes and carrots to mimic what my mom use to put on the table. The flavors are over the top. As I am typing this I am thinking of making this very soon....


March-
 
A Week of No Cooking, Well Almost. Yes that is a week I will not soon forget. One of the things I did make that week, aside from a few dozen cookies, was Pappa al Pomodoro, Tomato and Bread Soup, adapted from Lidia's Favorite Recipes. Any recipe that calls for bread is a winner to me!


April-

Chicken Cutlets and Roasted Green Beans. Yep that is when I made the Chicken Cutlet recipe from Frank Pinello and his Nonna for the first time. I guess I will make my mom's recipe again but damn these are just so good!


May-
Black Bean Soup. Maybe it is because it is getting cold out but this was a good recipe to remake. I just wish I had noted where I found the recipe!


June-
The Book Club, Delicious. I love my book club. It is my favorite Friday night of the month. The meeting was the last one until September. But we did get together in the summer for that fantastic trip to Arthur Avenue! For this particular meet up we had read Ruth Reichl's book, Delicious. In the book was a recipe for a Gingerbread Cake. Sure I offered to make it. It was a challenge as it used spices that I never go near. But heck it was darn good!

And the other thing from that night that stood out for me were the Stuffed Grape Leaves. Wow! If I had know about this recipe while my Dad was still alive Kate could have all the grape leaves she ever needed.


July-
Pappardelle with Broccoli Rabe Sausage in Tomato, Butter and Onion Sauce. There are so many wonderful parts this dinner. The pasta and the sausage were from that fantastic Book Club Road Trip to Arthur Avenue. The sauce was the Marcella Hazan recipe, perfect. And I submitted this post to the Borgatti's Facebook page contest for best recipe using their pasta and I won a 25% off my next purchase. Yes everyone got pasta for Christmas this year.


August-
Polpette di Pane. This dinner was delicious and the ingredients were so simple. This is a dinner I know my Dad would have loved.


September-
Handmade Pasta with Pancetta, Cherry Tomatoes and Herbs. Why this recipe out of all the others from September? I made a video of me making the pasta! And they were so good!


October-
Fagiolata. Anytime I can make beans and Chris likes the dinner it is a winner!


November-
 Happy Thanksgiving. What can I say but it was a delicious dinner. Family, wine and pie.


December-
Christmas Eve. Yes another delicious dinner at my sister's house. The sauce, the stuffed squid, the seafood polpettes and the fried eel and smelts. I think about the meal and smile.

What will 2016 have in store. We are starting off with the new stove and the crock pot and lots of new recipes to try. And of course a lot of old favorites to revisit! Tutti a tavola a mangiare!





1 comment:

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Happy New Year you sure had one heck of a great year! Awesome round up loved it!