Friday, January 15, 2016

Blood Orange Vodkatini

Wednesday is my favorite day to read the local daily paper. The New Haven Register. My Dad worked there for 49 years (He retired before reaching the 50 year mark because they would not let a WWII vet take extra time to go to a reunion). After that I boycotted the paper for quite a while.

Wednesday is the day they have the food section. Today I saw the recipe for a Blood Orange Vodkatini. The recipe is from Susan Russo, who writes for the Oneforthetable.com. This was my first visit to that site. Lots of good stuff there. I will be visiting it again. But as I was reading the post for the Blood Orange Vodkatini I saw that the recipe came from Food Blogga. Yes, that is the blog where I found the Ricotta Pie recipe and that Stuffed Artichoke recipe!!! Again, another delicious recipe!

So here is the recipe from Food Blogga-

Ingredient-
3 ounces vodka, preferably Ketle One (I used Absolute)
1 ounce Grand Marnier
1 1/2 ounces fresh blood orange juice
 
Method-
Add ingredients and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake under your fingers feel frozen. Strain into a chilled martini glass.

No comments: