Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Bundt Pan Roasted Chicken

Yes I did type Bundt Pan Roasted Chicken. A blog I follow, What's Cooking Italian Style, posted the recipe. It looked so good. I have a bundt pan, which I have not used in a while. After tonight the pan will be used more often. And it will be used to roast chicken. The skin is crispy and the meat is moist. Yes, this is perfectly roasted chicken.
I started by prepping the pan. I covered the hole with aluminum foil and then a piece of parchment paper, perhaps this was overkill, but I was not taking any chances of a leak. Next I spray the pan with cooking spray, Pam Olive Oil.
Next I cut an onion into quarters and doing the same with 2 lemons. Tossed some fresh thyme sprigs on top. The chicken was brushed inside and out with olive oil, and seasoned with salt and pepper. Then I placed the chicken in the pan or on the pan! A 4 pound chicken took about an hour and 10 minutes in a 425 degree oven. I did test the temp with a meat thermometer.

No comments: