Friday, July 1, 2016

Vacation Day One - Making Eggplant Parmigiana

Yippee! I am on vacation until July 11th. No work. Just relaxing... well maybe.

Today I went over to my sister's house to help her make Eggplant Parmigiana. We made a lot of Eggplant Parmigiana. We made a large pan for the picnic on Sunday and a small pan for Lenore and a small pan for Chris and I. And there was still Fried Eggplant that she could freeze. 

Lenore sliced the eggplant, salted it and put it in a colander with a weight on it. We rinsed the eggplant and dried it. Dredge the sliced Eggplant in flour, then eggs, and then breadcrumbs that were mixed with Parmigiana cheese and Italian Seasoning. At first, we used 3 electric skillets filled with oil but then just used 2. The assembly line was a well-oiled machine. We started at 11AM and were done by1PM, including clean up. 


And then my brother-in-law made us lunch! It was an omelet with zucchini flowers! It was perfect. Fresh basil too! Thank you Ralph!




And then later in the day, I realized that a certain cat did not have any "Treats." So off I went to Stop and Shop. I knew it was going to be bad when I walked in and there were NO carriages. 

Dinner was Chinese take-out! Happy July 1st!

No comments: