Thursday, July 7, 2016

Vacation Day Seven - Italian Tomato Hoagie and Some Art

Tomorrow, July 8th, Jake's Farm Stand opens for the summer. Yeah!!!! The corn, the tomatoes, and the $2.50 heads of lettuce! I had to clean out the fridge in preperation for Jake's produce. I found the perfect recipe for dinner. The Italian Tomato Hoagie. The recipe is from Bon Appetit. I had everything but the Bread and Butter Pickles. I also picked up a loaf of slice Italian bread, less bread than in a Hoagie Roll. We had some leftover chicken and some bacon which were added to the sandwiches. They were delicious.
And some art. Today I went to the Yale Art Gallery with my nieces, Mary Lucia and Anna. I have not been to the gallery since it was renovated. It is much larger and there is a lot more art there. Loved it. All that art but my two favorites are still The Brooklyn Bridge and The Night Café.






No comments: