Saturday, July 2, 2016

Vacation Day Two - The Flag Pie

Very excited about this one. This is what I am bringing for dessert to my sister's picnic tomorrow.  Yeah only 9 stars but they were cut out free form, no star cookie cutters here. I hope it tastes as good as it looks. I found the recipe on Delish. The recipe and video were easy to follow. The video was especially helpful in the construction.

I had some extra filling and crust so I made a little pie for us to try tonight. I sent Chris a photo of it and when he got home he was surprised how little it was.
I retook the photo with the pie next to my baking ruler. Everyone has a baking ruler, right?

Dinner was amazing grilled pork chops, grilled corn and grilled potato halves!

Seemed like a night for a bottle of wine. My choice was Leese-Fitch Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014.

No comments: