Monday, August 1, 2016

Barley and Roasted Vegetable Salad

Can you eat too much eggplant? No Chris, you can not.  I found this recipe on a blog that I love, Jul's Kitchen. This recipe was very well received. And there is plenty for lunch this week. I tweaked the recipe a bit but this is close to what was on Jul's Kitchen blog.

Ingredients-
200 g of Pearl Barley
2 medium zucchini
1 eggplant
6 cherry tomatoes
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of pitted black olives
Salt
Dried oregano
Fresh basil

Method-
The barley was cooked according to the package directions.  I diced the eggplant, the zucchini, and the cherry tomatoes and placed them into a pan with extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt. The vegetables were cooked over medium heat, stirring often, until they soft, golden and well cooked.
Next, I added the barley, the sliced pitted olives and a sprinkle of dried oregano, toss and season with salt. I tossed the salad with a little olive oil and lemon juice. I finished it with a garnish of fresh basil and serve warm. 

No comments: