Monday, September 12, 2016

White Bean-Sausage Skillet

This was really tasty. I used Ferraro's store made sausage. Nice bit of heat to them.

I am not sure where I found this recipe. It was online somewhere. The internet is so vast.

So here is the recipe, as I found it. If I find where the recipe came from I will update this post.

Drain and rinse one can of white beans (we use Great Northern or cannellini). Remove two to three sweet Italian sausages from their casings and crumble into a nonstick skillet with some olive oil over medium-high heat, breaking up any large pieces with a fork. When sausage is almost cooked through, about five minutes, add beans and toss until warm. If the beans and sausage get dry, add a splash of white wine or chicken stock. Add a big handful of shredded kale until slightly wilted. Top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, shaved Parmesan, a squeeze of lemon, and crushed red pepper flakes if you crave some heat. I like to mix this up in the summer by skipping the kale and topping with fresh arugula and cherry tomatoes dressed lightly with lemon and olive oil.

Now about the bread. Tomato Bread. This came from the Proud Italian blog. Anytime you add mozzarella, tomatoes, and bread magic happens. 

No comments: